Skip to main content

Eloping Enigma

Sometimes we just want to run away..

The question may be from what. But what needs to be understood that sometimes, it is not 'from what' but 'with whom' that poses a question.

But no worries, in my life right now, neither 'from what' nor 'with whom' is a question. The thing is I want to run away.

At a major juncture, where I am looking forward to big changes (don't worry I ain't getting married or something ;-) ) and more adventures and surprises, I find myself surprisingly - LOST. Being lost should be the last thing that should happen, especially at an unseen but promising bend of the road, but this is what is happening. Is it the normal reaction of a body? Or maybe the normal reaction of a pumped up body? Anyway, I am too numb to even surmise.

I am lost, looking at the screen of my PC - pressing Alt+Tab all day long. I yawn rifling through the pages of a book I wanted to read from so long. I wake up in the mid of night searching for my phone, looking for messages, from somebody, from anybody. I get irritated having to read all the texts and mails. I can't stop being angry at people, and when the anger has passed, I can't stop being guilty at myself.

It will pass away hopefully, I will rise again, but meanwhile, I wish I had a place of peace to run away to - would it be somewhere out in the world or inside me? I am lost and I want to run away.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Delhi Through the Seasons

Good books I just dive into.  But better books I save for good occasions. Like this one, that I saved for my trip to the mountains. 🌸 'Delhi through the seasons' by Khushwant Singh 🌸 Having aptly been called the modern Barahmaaha, with a theme of nature, DTTS talks about the rotating wheel of seasons in Delhi and North India, in general. Having been written by the maestro Khushwant, based on his diary entries and his observations as a bird watcher (it was a surprise for me too to find another feather in his hat), it addresses one aspect that all other Barahmaaha treatises of the past chose to ignore - nature - flowers and birds and animals. I'm not an outdoorsy person per se, and my meagre knowledge of flowers and trees is something I've given up my hope on. But thanks to the divine illustrations by Suddhasattwa Basu, I felt as if I was sitting in Lodi Gardens while reading this one, surrounded by fragrance and chitterings.  🌸 So read this one to get to k...

Sputnik Sweetheart - A Book Review

"Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?" 🛰️ 'Sputnik Sweetheart' by Haruki Murakami 🛰️ Does it ever happen that you like an author's work very much, so much that you dread reading other works fearing you might lose the charm by overexposure, or the author may not be able to live up to the last work? Or am I the only weird one? I'm kinda sure 🤓 that it's the latter. I loved Murakami last when I read 'Kafka on the Shore' 4 years back. But then I dropped the idea of doing  a Murakami spree. But last week, I watched Prajakta Koli and Babil Khan talk about their book preferences and Sputnik Sweetheart came up. I had to pick it up. 🛰️ SS is a love triangle. A lonely love triangle. Lonely because the story has hardly any other charac...

The God of Small Things - A Review

‘The God of Small Things’ by Arundhati Roy 🌴  I knew about this one since long. It was lurking in my Kindle TBR since long. But when an illuminated English Professor who my husband interacted with at an event could not stop gushing over it, I had to pick it up. 🌴  But the review starts with a trigger warning - it is darker than what you are ready for. Period. With an evil foreboding building up since the start, reading this novel was like beginning to watch a horror movie, where more than the scares, the anticipation of scares keeps you scared. Violence, casteist abuse, (Spoiler Alert) sex, pedophilia and incest - in a degree more raw and thorough than you are ready for. Fun Fact! In the political times that it was released, it was not only accused of being anti-communist but the central love affair was alleged to be obscene for which Ms Roy had to face a long and arduous litigation, which might have gone on for an eternity had her Booker win not convinced the judge otherwis...