Skip to main content

Love Defined..



I woke up in the morning with nothing special to look up to, like all my other days, as living in this fast, emotionless metro is turning my life into that of a workaholic robot, with no time to stand and behold. Yes yes I know - it is part of the package of having a well-paying white-collar job, but it gets too much sometimes for a small-town girl's deceased dreams of a more romantic and glamorous life.

But sometimes my life really knows how to surprise me.
I ended up having a great day at work, including a birthday bash, and a pizza party with pals after so long. To top it off, I finally was able to push my lazy bones and sweat it out on the treadmill, followed by a futile-yet-fun shopping spree with my roomie (sorry but 'flatie' is no word. I googled it just now)/soul sister/away-from-home-mama (would get back to her in some future post. Pinky promise! :p)
However, the best moment of the day was when I realized something divine (eh?!) while commuting back to home and listening on repeat an old Sufi favorite of mine, about what is Love? (old question.. booo :p )

Hahaha! I know most of you would go babbling this and that about what Love means to one and to all, but I found a really revolutionary interpretation of Love (at least for myself). Well here it goes..

"What is love? And why do we limit such a feeling to an individual, if it is such a great feeling? Would it not be more convenient to love, just love, not any one - but everyone. 
Love life..
Love God..
Love death..
Love all the fellows around..
Love all the animals..
Love the leaves, the flowers, the walls, the bed.. Anything.. Everything
Just love.. Without bothering to answer who..
Like being happy and sad, depressed or optimistic, feel the love-without requiring an image to induce it in you.."

I know with each new word the faith of yours in my insanity is getting stronger and stronger, but get used to it. After all, if you have the patience to read this blog, you will be having some to tolerate me too. Yes! Yes! You can do it! ;-)

Anyway (FYI I hate all those smug arrogant show-offs who use "anyways" in place of an innocently simple "anyway"), coming back to the topic, that was my enlightenment moment (trust me, I have many of them - more than bomb blasts in a week in Syria.. Oops is somebody offended out there? ) when the sun started looking shinier and the day just got warmer and, most importantly, life just got simpler. After all, why do we bet out hopes and beliefs on a mere, fallible, gullible, so-easily-manipulated men (or women.. yeah yeah). Lets get out and shower everyone with that precious, pure love of yours. I do believe that someone out there, at some point of time, would be sitting out there to respond to it. 

And lastly, appending the lyrics of the song that sparked this epiphany moment..

Qatra mila samandar se Samandar ho gaya..
(A Drop met with the Sea and became a Sea)
Aashiq mila jo maut se Qalandar ho gaya..
(A Lover met Death and became a Saint)

Ye duniya faani hai.. Aani-jani hai..
Ishq toh ishq hai Allah ki meherbani hai..
(This world is transient - comes and goes, but Love is Love - it is Allah's gift)
Ishq hazir hai sooli pe latak jaane ko..
Maut se badhkar saza doge kya deewane ko..
(My Love is present here to be crucified by you all.. What greater punishment than Death can you give to a crazy lover?)

Cheers to this blind faith for such mad n crazy love!
I love you all like that! Trust me ;-)

Love,

Enigma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delhi Through the Seasons

Good books I just dive into.  But better books I save for good occasions. Like this one, that I saved for my trip to the mountains. 🌸 'Delhi through the seasons' by Khushwant Singh 🌸 Having aptly been called the modern Barahmaaha, with a theme of nature, DTTS talks about the rotating wheel of seasons in Delhi and North India, in general. Having been written by the maestro Khushwant, based on his diary entries and his observations as a bird watcher (it was a surprise for me too to find another feather in his hat), it addresses one aspect that all other Barahmaaha treatises of the past chose to ignore - nature - flowers and birds and animals. I'm not an outdoorsy person per se, and my meagre knowledge of flowers and trees is something I've given up my hope on. But thanks to the divine illustrations by Suddhasattwa Basu, I felt as if I was sitting in Lodi Gardens while reading this one, surrounded by fragrance and chitterings.  🌸 So read this one to get to k...

Sputnik Sweetheart - A Book Review

"Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?" 🛰️ 'Sputnik Sweetheart' by Haruki Murakami 🛰️ Does it ever happen that you like an author's work very much, so much that you dread reading other works fearing you might lose the charm by overexposure, or the author may not be able to live up to the last work? Or am I the only weird one? I'm kinda sure 🤓 that it's the latter. I loved Murakami last when I read 'Kafka on the Shore' 4 years back. But then I dropped the idea of doing  a Murakami spree. But last week, I watched Prajakta Koli and Babil Khan talk about their book preferences and Sputnik Sweetheart came up. I had to pick it up. 🛰️ SS is a love triangle. A lonely love triangle. Lonely because the story has hardly any other charac...

The God of Small Things - A Review

‘The God of Small Things’ by Arundhati Roy 🌴  I knew about this one since long. It was lurking in my Kindle TBR since long. But when an illuminated English Professor who my husband interacted with at an event could not stop gushing over it, I had to pick it up. 🌴  But the review starts with a trigger warning - it is darker than what you are ready for. Period. With an evil foreboding building up since the start, reading this novel was like beginning to watch a horror movie, where more than the scares, the anticipation of scares keeps you scared. Violence, casteist abuse, (Spoiler Alert) sex, pedophilia and incest - in a degree more raw and thorough than you are ready for. Fun Fact! In the political times that it was released, it was not only accused of being anti-communist but the central love affair was alleged to be obscene for which Ms Roy had to face a long and arduous litigation, which might have gone on for an eternity had her Booker win not convinced the judge otherwis...